MMF floor coverings consist of different polymer layers. These material composites have a lot of advantages. The disadvantage of polymers is their temperature sensitivity.
Head of Departement · Coating · Functionalisation · Cross-linking · Analytics · Digital printing
+49 351 4662 316
+49 160 9025 4382E-Mail senden
- Resilient or MMF floor coverings show concave or convex deformations or/and gaping of joints when exposed to unusual temperatures, such as solar irradiation.Normative methods make use of only small samples without any joints.
- The simulated heat impact does not correspond with real practice.
- The investigations takes place in a research project of IHD, which was started in june of 2019.
- It we‘ll be investigating various test setups (approx. 4.5 m² and approx. 0.5 m²).
- The larger test setup is being installed with various sensors to evaluate the deformation behaviour.
- The thermal irradiation takes place from above of a partial area of the flooring.
State of affairs
- Investigation of the thermally induced deformation behaviour of different floor coverings on the large hotspot setup and on the table hotspot setup.
- Validation of the first treshold to differentiate between thermally stable and unstable product qualities.